If you have questions or are having trouble finding what you're looking for, email email@example.com
Marketing & Brand Management
The role of Marketing & Brand Management is to focus, clarify and articulate the Arizona brand to differentiate it and maximize our competitive advantage as we pursue the funding and talent needed to tackle grand challenges. We aim to be collaborative leaders, conveners and connectors. We also seek to be the expert resource, crafting tools and resources to help University marketing and communications professionals succeed.
Trademarks & Licensing
The Trademarks & Licensing office exists to protect and promote the marks, names and logos of the University of Arizona.
Are You New?
As marketing and communications professionals, we are all the University of Arizona storytellers — writers, designers, photographers and videographers, developers, analysts and strategists. Together, we build upon the Arizona brand and elevate it to new heights.
The top things you can do to get started:
- Understand our Purpose & Values.
- Generate your email signature so that we are uniform across the University.
- Reach out to Wendi Rountree in Marketing & Brand Management to schedule an onboarding session with the Marketing and Communications team.
- Learn about the Arizona brand platform and our distinct positioning.
- Familiarize yourself with the look and feel of the brand, from color, typography and photography to social media, web and video.
- Take a look at the PowerPoint templates available for download.
Resources for designers and multimedia professionals:
- Check out the guidelines on and download our logos — master logo, unit logos and logo usage. If you need access to your unit’s logo suite, contact Marketing & Brand Management: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find the photos or video you need to do your job by logging into SmugMug or the Digital Asset Management library. Reach out to email@example.com if you don't see what you need or to request the SmugMug user name and password.
Resources for writers and communicators:
- Attend the 9:30 a.m. News meetings each Friday on Zoom during COVID: Pitch your stories, meet other communicators and listen. And sign up to receive University news in your inbox.
- See the style guide to make sure your writing is consistent with our writing guidelines, based on AP style.
Network with the MarComm community through these slack channels: uarizonasocialmedia.slack.com, uavideo.slack.com or chat directly with one of us uarizona.slack.com
History is made by those who show up. Here are a few ways you can get involved in shaping our Arizona brand platform and engaging with the communities who are taking our work to the next level.
Elevate the power of the Arizona brand by refining our tools and how we use them. Join marketing professionals across multiple university campuses and rethink how we illustrate and talk about our University through branding.
Contact: Adrienne Barela, Director, Content
Join forces with Drupal developers across campus to resolve common pain points and build university web tools that redefine “user-friendly.”
Contact: Sabre Sarnataro, Executive Director, Digital Marketing
Resonate the University's brand through social collaboration and engagement! Discuss tools and campaigns that can amplify our voice. Join to be a part of the social media community on such platforms as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Snapchat.
Contact: Emily Stulz, Director of Social Media firstname.lastname@example.org
The video community is a network where you can find resources, guidance on equipment rental, share assets and find the best campus filming locations. Join the network through slack here: uavideo.slack.com
Contact: Jessica Estrella, Director, Art
Curate the University's stories and advance awareness of our outstanding achievements. The Communicators group is lead by the University Communications team that works in parallel with Marketing & Brand Management. This is a great way to connect with communicators across disciplines who are sharing how the University tackles grand challenges.
Contact: Pam Scott, Associate Vice President, External Communications, University Communications
Enhance awareness of the University of Arizona as a destination with this group of knowledgeable leaders who represent our captivating on- and off-campus attractions.
Contact: Wendi Rountree